Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

My timing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 02:11 PM
blueneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My timing

Good day buddies,

Am having a he'll of hard time trying to fix my dodge magnum. I was driving it and I had a knocking sound in my engine and checked n I found out it was d water pump which I changed. While I was changing I found out also that it has jumped timing. Have used the repair manual to set the timing but it's not starting. Can anyone with this experience n have crossed this issue please guide me on how to set d timing for it to start. This is my work vehicle. I need it on d road Asap. Thanks

Dodge Magnum 2.7 ltr Dohc

Last edited by blueneck; 01-19-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

How did you determine it jumped time? It was running before the water pump was replaced?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:30 PM
blueneck

Yes it was running before I took it to the mechanic workshop. While I was checking where the noise is from, the engine died and couldn't start again. When it was opened I checked if the markings of the timing if it was were it should be but all was off the markings.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM
blueneck

[QUOTE=blueneck;3280202]Yes it was running before I took it to the mechanic workshop. While I was checking where the noise is from, the engine died and couldn't start again. When it was opened I checked if the markings of the timing if it was were it should be but all was off the markings. I really need this car to be up n moving cos it takes all my working tools n others easily n keeps out issues of space.

Quick Reply: My timing