Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Parts pricing through the roof?? What happened??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Digger 89L
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts pricing through the roof?? What happened??

I've noticed lately that pricing for Neon parts in particular and car parts in general have gone sky high ...at least here in Canada. Got a quote from three aftermarket suppliers (NAPA, AutoParts Plus, and Parts Source) yesterday for a timing belt: best price was $96.00 ...yeah, really!!! Didn't even bother to check with a Chrysler dealer ....I have high blood pressure. Rock Auto settled me down with a $23 price, plus shipping. And then there's that little camshaft seal retainer plate (part #05016733AA) ....$42.65 ...wow!! And it seems to be available only at Dealers ..?? I told the guy, "No ...not the camshaft ....just the seal retainer." He wasn't amused ...or even apologetic for the outrageous price. I needed it right away, so I bent over.

I had been a regular customer of AutoPartsway ...they had decent prices, and free shipping on orders over $75 ...now, their prices are also thru the roof, and the shipping structure has changed.

Anyone have any insight into what's happening in the auto parts world, price wise ???

Quick Reply: Parts pricing through the roof?? What happened??