Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Dodge Neon 2003 Acceleration Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM
thatkoolkid1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Neon 2003 Acceleration Problem

Alright I have a SE 2.0 2003 Dodge neon. New tranny mount, 2 new engine mounts, and new radiator. When i'm stopped at a intersection or a red light, the car vibrates, but vibrating stops in neutral. Another problem, when stopped, and I begin to accelerate, the car does NOTHING BUT VIBRATE until something catches on and the car starts to go. Another problem, while driving, when the car shifts, from about 20MPH - 30MPH, the shift is really rough, clunky, hard. Anyone know what this problem is/ What these problems are? Please help, already spent $900 and I don't want to spend much more "trying "to solve this problem.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM
ThatRandomGUy

How many miles are on it? Have you done a tranny fluid change?

Old 04-29-2014, 01:34 AM
Dramsey25
Default Exact same problems

I have an '04 Neon with the same problems word for word. I've also spent way more money than I should of on this car. Its been in the shop 5 or 6 times in the past year. On two separate occasions I got it out of the shop and had to take it right back in within 2 weeks for a new problem. I took my car into the shop last Wednesday for, Word For Word, the same problems your car's having. Today I discovered the problems aren't fixed and some of them are even worse than before. My neon belonged to my sister-in-law and when I got home tonight I was told my brother bought something called "Sea Foam Motor Treatment" a few years ago when the car was having similar issues and it took care if everything. Idk if it's the solution to our problems but I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, if you figure out how to fix these problems please let me know, I'd appreciate more than you know.
Thanks man and good luck!

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon 2003 Acceleration Problem