Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

05 5.9 ram problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 5.9 ram problems!

Finally getting those codes worked out, from nine codes down to two, P1740 - P2609, Do not know why i'm getting a TQ code when i just had the trans redone & conv. replaced? Replaced my intank pump & cp3 (running better) but still idles bad, going to adjust my valve tomorrow -Hope thing will idle out! (181,000 miles). Took injectors out & cleaned then.
One big problem still, step on gas peddle & release (in pk or neut.) engine races & sputters, will not stop untill you kill engine???
Is there a apps on a 05, what controls the gas peddle??

Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Coal Train
All Star

Yes, there is an APPS on the pedal, but that doesn't sound like what causing the problem.

That sounds like a rail pressure problem.

If I have a really aggressive tune on the truck, it'll do the same thing and it's because the RP is hanging up high.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:23 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional

Thanks Coal train, the truck is stock! Adjusted the valves today, a bit better running but still an idle problem. Maybe a fuel pressure valve? took off the bajo fitt. and top of valve had fuel in it,(dealer wants $479.)Saw a replacement valve (new @ Dr. Diesel perf.) for $59.? Truck is going back to the trans shop for the p1740 code (warrenty) Only code left is the heater grid p2609. No codes with the idle issue/spudder.

Quick Reply: 05 5.9 ram problems!