Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

AC problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Imaknucklebuster2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have answered my own questions, I've found something at Autozone that looks similar ($40 bucks) and it mentions O rings, so I'm guessing the connection just slips in and out and is held together by that clamp. If so a pretty cheap fix! I also used the AC Pro on my Dakota and it's cooling better

Last edited by Imaknucklebuster2; 04-06-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

It's an AC refrigerant line and the are usually vehicle specific. Normally not a "one size fits all" part. Has to be the one specific to your vehicle you will need a special tool to get those fittings apart. Auto parts store will sell them or might rent one to you.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Imaknucklebuster2
Rookie

Thanks, It'll be Wednesday before I get back to town to get the parts, probably Thursday or Friday before I can work on it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, couldn't have gotten this far without your help!

Old 04-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Imaknucklebuster2
Rookie

Well, I got the new replacement hose, more refrigerate, and the plastic tool to remove the old hose, changed it out Friday in about 15 minutes. Thought about calling Autozone about a "loaner" vacuum pump AFTER I got home and they said they had one. The price is $155 for the pump and when I return it I'll get my money back. Thought I'd wait till the next time (Thursday or Friday) when I go to town, (roundtrip 60 miles) to get the pump and evacuate the system before I try to charge it. I sure know how to drag things out

Old 04-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Imaknucklebuster2
Rookie

Haven't forgotten about the next update, everything went to the back burner due to a family emergency. Will get it finished one of these days, I'll let y'all know when.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Imaknucklebuster2
Rookie

Finished up the a/c job today! Went to Autozone yesterday and got their loaner vacuum pump and gauges. Paid $308 and brought the gauges and pump home, gauge package was missing the red hose (didn't know how to do it until I got home and watched utube). Can't blame the guy at Autozone, he had never done the job and didn't know what to check for in the package. Went back to Autozone today and did it right there at the store, I brought my extension cord and there was a plug on the side of the building (got their permission). Pulled the vacuum with the pump and charged the system, works just like it always did Got a full refund for the loaner equipment, wound up saving a lot of money

Quick Reply: AC problems.