Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Interchanging Dodge Van Doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:09 PM
hotrodmax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchanging Dodge Van Doors

I have a 1993 full size Dodge van and a 1997. Even though the body styles are somewhat different, it looks like the doors will interchange. The door on my 1997 is pretty screwed up. I would like to replace it with the door from an earlier van with a functional vent window. Anyone know what year van doors will interchange with my 1997. Thanx, Max

Old 11-17-2014, 11:05 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do remember that there was talk at one time that the doors are interchangeable between the older mid generation vans and the most recent. Even the rear barn doors can swap with the side barn doors. HOWEVER, the wide single rear doors have issues to exchange.

I do know that the pop-out windows are the same with one exception. The trim on the older vans was chrome and the newer generation was black enamel.

The hard problem is getting those door pins off. Even with a remote press and penetration oil it's a difficult job. If heat is used, there is a risk of ruining the door and vehicle body.

Quick Reply: Interchanging Dodge Van Doors