Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1983 B250 water pump bolts

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 12:52 AM
viper771
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 B250 water pump bolts

Hey everyone I just got my first dodge. It is one of my newest old cars (I usually work on 1960s/early 70s GM stuff) and needs work as most do. I am planning on replacing the water pump (and prob the timing set while I am at it. Since I expect all the bolts to be shot (and im sure a few will break)... where do you guys go to get replacement bolts? Most of the older stuff I work on they repop the exact stuff or have some kind of ARP kits.

Other than the water pump and timing set...

The van needs rear axle bearings (I guess this was common in many dodges)
new heater core and blower
front end alignment (previous owner changed drivers upper control arm and tire looks way out of spec)
carb rebuild (not a biggie)

One thing I am looking for, if you guys have read this far, is that plastic thing that goes around the fuel filler neck. The previous owner said the running board came off while driving and took out that wheel and hit the fuel filler neck.. shattering that plastic piece. I have no idea what it looks like or where I could find a replacement for it (other than maybe a junk yard).

I would appreciate any input since this is my first dodge I have ever tried to deal with! Thanks in advance!

Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

According to: http://www.car-part.com Poe Boys out in Tulsa Oklahoma 918-425-4477 / 800-856-6292 have an 83 B150 on the lot, which should be the same as a B250. Give them a call and see if they'll ship the part out to you.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:35 PM
viper771
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a ton alloro!!!!! I think the 150 had a slant 6 in it? but that shouldn't matter at all. Appreciate the help! You don't see these vans around much so finding one doesn't seem to be easy

Quick Reply: 1983 B250 water pump bolts