Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 status motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:14 AM
DennisJjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 status motor mounts

Hi everyone, just had a quick question. I had all for motor mounts replaced on my 2001 2.4l stratus se coupe and the engine is shaking even more than before I had them replaced. They were replaced with after market parts by a certified mechanic. Is this normal after replacing these parts? Should I drive for a bit to break them in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-29-2016, 09:40 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Did he put back OEM mounts or polyurethane inserts? Theres a good chance your balance shaft belt is broke if he went back OEM.

I went with Prothane stiff inserts and my car shook.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM
DennisJjr

Hi, thanks for the reply. The parts were not OEM, they were after market mounts I got in a kit made by Isumo. He still has the car and I'll tell him to check the belt. Were you able to stop the shaking? If so, how?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:16 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Full motor mounts though? I had never heard of that brand, but googled it and the entire mounts showed up on eBay. OEM style.
The balance shaft belt is behind the timing belt towards the bottom of the engine. I dont know if mine was bad, but I was prepared for a little bit of shaking when I did the stiffer mounts. It only shakes at idle.
Ive heard of the balance shaft belt snapping and not affecting the engine much, just vibrations.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:24 PM
DennisJjr

Those are the ones. I'm supposed to go get the car here in a bit, let's see what happens.

Quick Reply: 2001 status motor mounts