V10 Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:27 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey on my exhaust it's stock back to the dual cats then into a flowmaster 40 than into duals straight out the back, It was done at Lou's custom Exhaust (in Massachusetts) and he had a hard time getting the exhaust not to sound like a Buzz saw.
anyway it's got a nice LOW grumble at Idle and moderately louder while reving..
It's definatly not like having glasspacks on it, but better than total stock, LOL

Old 05-24-2010, 11:53 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just ordered my 2 new cats and a dynamax muffler dual in dual out should be here by wednesday then i'm taking it to have it done. i had cut the pipe before the cats because my original plan was to gut the cats but the factory took care of that for me by crimping the hell out of the pipe between the cats and the muffler so i couldn't pull them apart but she sounded really good at an idle, then i rev'd it and it sounds really good up till about oh 2500 rpms then it sounds like a 4 cylinder with a glass pack, kinda like 1978 pontiac sunbird i had when i was 17. those were the days.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

got my cats and muffler today, won't get them on till thursday the anticipation is killing me

Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

IF i install headers they would be shorties and bolt at the flange. I really don't see the need to long style because those are really for more heavily modified than what I will ever do and or most would do.

Have you done a .72 TPS modification yet and check into the TB opening all the way as they changed up the throttle linkage and half the time they don't open all the way when you foot is at the floor.

Also, have you cleaned the TB, MAP, and new PVC?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

i don't have the long tubed headers mine are the shorties, i think the long tubes would be easier to install than the shorties but thats just my opinion, as far as the mods go that you mentioned no i haven't done any of them, i have replaced the tps, as far as everything else goes i'll have to look into that when i get my truck back sometime tomorrow hopefully, i'm gettin the exhaust done and the drivers side ball joints, i did the pass. side and i don't want to go through all that again, when i do work on my truck i don't have a garage, just what you see in the sig pic. a gravel driveway on a slight hill.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

got the exhaust done and it sounds sweet, got some thunder till you get about oh 2500 to ah close to 3000 rpms, idle has a little bit of a lobe to it but i like it sounds way better than what it did, i wasn't sure how a dynamax muffler would sound but seein's how its a v10 and you really can't do much with it, i'm very satisfied. now if i could only fix that dam exhaust leak from the drivers side header..ugh! not looking forward to that.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRuckuss
now if i could only fix that dam exhaust leak from the drivers side header..ugh! not looking forward to that.
Always problems with headers.....

Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

i think i may have figured this out but i'll be posting a link for the audio file, no video on this as i recorded this with my andriod phone and if you have one of these you know the camera is on one side and the microphone is on the other

Last edited by MrRuckuss; 05-27-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

uh no i didn't

Old 06-26-2010, 01:14 PM
DesertDuke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile V/10 Exhaust

I have heard stories that replacing the stock muffler on my 1996 V/10 RAM would cause it to loose power and that the stock muffler is special built. Also that the muffler provides a certain bit of back pressure that is necessary for the v/10 to run properly. Any ideas on this. I'm itchin to try something else. For example, straight through mufflers, directly on the back of the dual cats.

Quick Reply: V10 Club