V10 Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default V10 Club

Well guess I should start the V10 club! Although there shouldn't be too many followers I think I will take Commander and Chief position #1 on the roster.

Bring on the big Magnum motors boys!

Old 05-17-2010, 02:25 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was wondering if someone was going to do that..... love that 488, where do i sign up?

Last edited by MrRuckuss; 05-17-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in.
This is sure to be a short list........

Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

i'll guess and say oh 10 members

Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

i know theres more than us 3, i think we need more advertising

Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well I figured there would be slim pickings but that's alright.

3 members an counting.....lol

Old 05-23-2010, 01:32 AM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

hydra, hows your exhaust setup? or is it still factory? i'm getting mine done sometime this week, i have headers with 2 cats and one muffler, i was going to keep that same setup but with high flow cats and a dual in dual out flowmaster muffler, i know you can't get a v10 to sound good, but i want something different.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Mines still factory as of now. I will need to upgrade soon but waitin for more cash.

Anyway, the CAT's flow good OEM but they burn out and rattle quickly (as mine is right now) so the next round I think I will do MagnaFlow and I am going to do the 2 1/2 in and out then combine into like 3" at the Y and single in and single out in 3" or 3 1/2" straight out the back.

As for headers, I don't wanna mess with em cause the OEM's flow good enough and I don't like the constant blown gaskets and loosing bolts. To tell you the truth, I'm not going to over mod this ride as I only drive it abot 3-4 times a week and use it for pulling my RV trailer mainly. I spent too much in my Durango (before this truck) and still recouping the loss.

The only things I'm looking into so far is the mod'ing of the sensors(done), Fastman TB, Exhaust, and a B&G PCM Flash. Thats about as far as it will go with the V10.

I only picked this truck up about 4 months ago so I'm just startin.

Here was my Durango: 25 and 26

Old 05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

what is the modding of the sensors?? i tell ya hemifever did wonders for mine, i don't have any fancy tunning but you can tell the difference between factory and all 3 tunes on the sct. i would go that route instead of the pcm flash. the headers were a royal pain in the butt, but i learned a trick or two to installing them.

this is for all of you that want to put headers on.......
1. if you have access to a welder then this will be the easy part, on the drivers side and this is only if you didn't get the drop down pipe with the headers, remove your o2 sensor and cut the pipe before the 90 that cuts over to the pass. side. then remove your exhaust manifold, remove the cut pipe from the exhaust manifold and install it on the header, make sure you have the cut pipe pointing in the same direction, i did not do this when i did mine and bolting to the collector was a royal pain. when you install the header you will need an assortment of wrenches and sockets with swivels and extensions, start by the firewall, the first two cylinders are easy the other 3 are a bit difficult, but get the header bolts started on the last 3 cylinders, then torque them all down all thats left on the drivers side it to weld back the pipe you cut in the beginning, reinstall the o2 sensor and your done with the drivers side.
1a. if you don't have a torch you can get a coupling from the autoparts store mine was 2 1/8" id and cut it after the 90 that crosses over to the pass. side. that may be hard to get out unless you think you can cut it in or about the same area as mentioned before. i did mine the hard way, i didn't cut anything and i had one hell of a time trying to bolt the pipe to the header.
2. the pass. side isn't as bad as the drivers side, you don't have to cut the pipe unless you want to but it is not necessary, just remember to start all your header bolts at the same time, once the header meets the head thats it, you will not get the bolts in, take it from me i had to do it twice, i learned from the first time.

one other note, if its possible to take out the plastic fender well that could save you some pain and time. i didn't but it could help.

any other questions about that contact me and i'll answer the best i can.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

i've heard that some people have put in performance cams.....where do you get them? the joys of owning an odd ball truck.... can't find anything!!!!!! lol as far as a CAI goes, the cheapest i found was $300+shipping, i'm a tight wad, has anybody found one cheaper?

Quick Reply: V10 Club