K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

How many K owners do we have here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM
WoodrowZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll chime in. It's not an 'original' K car as an Aries or Acclaim. But it sports the K style frame from the 80's that started it all.

It's a 1986 Daytona Turbo Z that has had quite a bit of modifications done to it. It's both far from stock. And all stock all in the same. I gave it a full mechanical transplant from the highly upgraded 1989 Shelby Daytona. I made a new members thread you can read more info on it so I don't put you all to sleep.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-mem...rom-sl-ut.html

Name:  20131108_224539_zps0f4b48d8.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  61.7 KB

Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
~ToastWithDaMost
Default Kansas Shadow

I have a 1994 Dodge Shadow 2.2L 4Cyl. I'm in the process of turning it into a tuner, even though turning this economy car into one is probably just going to rice it. Right now I own the fastest Shadow in town out of 5, and can beat the 1990's mustangs rolling around. However, I'd love some help finding upgrades, both performance and cosmetic. keep in mind I'm only 18, so I can't pour out a ton of cash. Plus, I'm looking for a 1993 Nissan 300ZX if you know anyone. again, can't be outrageously priced.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 AM
WoodrowZ

Originally Posted by ~ToastWithDaMost
I have a 1994 Dodge Shadow 2.2L 4Cyl. I'm in the process of turning it into a tuner, even though turning this economy car into one is probably just going to rice it. Right now I own the fastest Shadow in town out of 5, and can beat the 1990's mustangs rolling around. However, I'd love some help finding upgrades, both performance and cosmetic. keep in mind I'm only 18, so I can't pour out a ton of cash. Plus, I'm looking for a 1993 Nissan 300ZX if you know anyone. again, can't be outrageously priced.
Don't know if you are familiar with the forum site(s) that are dedicated just to our little 4cyl Turbo's. There is A TON of information on upgrading them on both sites. Turbododge.com Turbo-Mopar.com. Check them out! This is another good one. thedodgegarage.com

Old 03-22-2015, 02:53 PM
tomlct
Default Me, too

1988 Dodge Aries wagon, 103K miles, pretty much original, faded paint, runs well. I have had it since new (Feb. 1988). Waiting for the snow to be gone & when I think the worst of the potholes have been fixed, then back to weekend occasional joyrides.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Bzinga
Default Proud K car owner!

Got me an 88 reliant k, she's my baby. I'm 28 and when I needed a new vehicle and saw her I had to have her! They are amazing in snow, up here in NH we get our fair share, I'll plow through thick wet snow no problem and see others struggle to get home in once piece! Cheap to run, cheap to fix, love me some K car!

Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bzinga
Got me an 88 reliant k, she's my baby. I'm 28 and when I needed a new vehicle and saw her I had to have her! They are amazing in snow, up here in NH we get our fair share, I'll plow through thick wet snow no problem and see others struggle to get home in once piece! Cheap to run, cheap to fix, love me some K car!
Agreed,
I drive mine year round, never had an issue. Drive right past 4x4s in the ditch.
Gotta love being able to fix most things in the driveway for less then $50.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:08 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Talking

Don't own one, but had an '81 K Car for my Driver's ed car back in the day. GREAT memories of its inability to get out of it's own way, with three hi skrool football players in it, and a driver's ed instructor who dwarfed us all!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:18 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by The War Wagon
Don't own one, but had an '81 K Car for my Driver's ed car back in the day. GREAT memories of its inability to get out of it's own way, with three hi skrool football players in it, and a driver's ed instructor who dwarfed us all!
Sounds like he needed a Turbo variant.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:48 AM
The War Wagon
Professional
Red face

Originally Posted by smokesxt
Sounds like he needed a Turbo variant.

The CRAZY thing is, just a couple years earlier, our high school had an honest-to-God Smokey & the Bandit Trans-Am driver's ed car!!! Black, with gold firebird on the hood, t-tops, and the reverse hood scoop (COULDA been either the 305 or the 6.6, I know), but it looked JUST like this!

Sure, it was a demonstrator from the local Pontiac dealer for that purpose, but it made us - by FAR - the coolest of the 5 county hi skrools when we had it. And I've NEVER been a GM fan, but "Smokey & the Bandit" was a MONSTER hit movie in my neck of the woods (piedmont of NC) at that time.

And then - 2 years later - here we are - learning on a K-Car POS...

Old 03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
charmed
Amateur

I have an 86 Dodge 600ES turbo convertible. 89,000 miles on it. I bought from the widow of a man who was on the beach at D-Day. They gave me a photo of him and his buddies. He had his index finger shot off. We named the car Rita after his wife. We just last year had new top put on by Sue from Fast and Loud fame. Great job , Sue!

Quick Reply: How many K owners do we have here?