New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Ram Owner from Smyrna, GA

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Bamabrat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram Owner from Smyrna, GA

I just purchased a truck to haul my motorcycle and lawn mowers (1 push / 1 riding). It's a 1999 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L 2wd quad cab. My wife and I already have a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 and love it, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with another Dodge. We live in Smyrna, GA...known for 2 things...the place where Julia Roberts is from, and the new location for the Braves stadium. that's it...I'm out of great and wonderful stories about Smyrna.

I'm not new to forums. I regularly post on 2 different bike forums. I ride a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 carbed version, and do all of the maintenance myself. I've never done a lot of vehicle maintenance, but I'm hoping to pick up on it as quickly as I did with my motorcycle. I like to tinker and fix things myself.

I do all of my lawn mower and pressure washer maintenance as well. I have a 2009 Bolens push mower and a 2014 Crafstsman T3200 riding mower.

I have a wife, a 3-yr old daughter, and a 1-yr old son. My daughter has always loved my bike, but since I brought the truck home, she constantly wants to be in the driver's seat pretending to drive. I fear I'm going to have it rough when this one gets older. She's a daddy's girl, and like bikes, trucks, and tattoos.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help i can get. I want to be able to fix any problems that arise with our Journey and Ram. Right now there is a grinding sound on my Ram when I press the gas pedal. I posted on a 2-yr old thread a few mins ago about my problem. Hopefully between the forum and the Haynes Manual I just ordered, I can address it quickly.

Jason (aka Bamabrat)

Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to check out the 2nd gen Ram section.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:35 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bamabrat
I just purchased a truck to haul my motorcycle and lawn mowers (1 push / 1 riding). It's a 1999 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L 2wd quad cab. My wife and I already have a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 and love it, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with another Dodge. We live in Smyrna, GA...known for 2 things...the place where Julia Roberts is from, and the new location for the Braves stadium. that's it...I'm out of great and wonderful stories about Smyrna.

I'm not new to forums. I regularly post on 2 different bike forums. I ride a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 carbed version, and do all of the maintenance myself. I've never done a lot of vehicle maintenance, but I'm hoping to pick up on it as quickly as I did with my motorcycle. I like to tinker and fix things myself.

I do all of my lawn mower and pressure washer maintenance as well. I have a 2009 Bolens push mower and a 2014 Crafstsman T3200 riding mower.

I have a wife, a 3-yr old daughter, and a 1-yr old son. My daughter has always loved my bike, but since I brought the truck home, she constantly wants to be in the driver's seat pretending to drive. I fear I'm going to have it rough when this one gets older. She's a daddy's girl, and like bikes, trucks, and tattoos.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help i can get. I want to be able to fix any problems that arise with our Journey and Ram. Right now there is a grinding sound on my Ram when I press the gas pedal. I posted on a 2-yr old thread a few mins ago about my problem. Hopefully between the forum and the Haynes Manual I just ordered, I can address it quickly.

Jason (aka Bamabrat)
Welcome as well.

Quick Reply: New Ram Owner from Smyrna, GA