1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust set up

ok i got this muffler on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-B...QQcmdZViewItem and i am also getting a high flow cat and a custom piping 2.25 inch this summer is this going to be a decent set up and suggestions thanx

Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 PM
reddodge98
Rookie
Default RE: exhaust set up

i am looking for an entire exhaust system for my 2.0L and only manufacture i could find was pacesetter but that system comes with a guy double exhaust outlet that i dont like at all....that exhaust is very slick looking, is yours a 2.0 or 2.5? i ordered my pacesetter header from ebay and i think that they will make a diff with performance but i want to do the rest of my exhaust as well....from cat back and also change my cat coverter.

could u help me with looking for a cat back exhaust system??? any tips?

Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

i know what ur talking about i didnt like the double tips that came our either thats y i got the muffler id say get the muffler u want and go to an exhaust shop and get a custom exhaust id say ur best bet is 2.25" which is what i am doing i have the 2.0 iv had headers on for a long time they make a hell of a difference not sure of the cat i am getting yet. still looking on ebay one prob i had with the headers my car is a 96 and the bolts from the cat to the downpipe everything was rotted together i had to cut them and get new bolts and stuff also it started to rain but thats not a big issue it was a paing also the weld blew on the front part of the flex tube on the down pipe probably cuz i beat on it right after i put them on i got over excited lol i was able to get it welded back together and havent had a problem since knock on wood but i also got cheapo no name headers off ebay i guess thats what i get but they work fine for me

Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
reddodge98
Rookie

yea i know what u are talking about too. those headers that u got came with the pipe from header to cat rite? the headers im getting are a lil more pricy but its only the actual header no more piping after that. i was just thinking that i might get an exhaust too without the piping. and then some day find somebody to do custom piping for me. i found a alright looking cat converter on www.mach1car.com
http://www.mach1car.com/search.aspx?...;sh=PaceSetter
there is a bunch of them there but the one for us is the second one down from the top on the right side. i will also look for exhausts on that site since i cant find much on ebay.
i wanted to do my all exhaust all at once from cat back and then get the downpipe from header some other time but i guess imma do header, cat, and exhaust and then replace all piping some other time lol....should be ok...hoping for more power....
by the way (srt-4 got nothing on us!!!) lol

Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

lol the srt did take off at one point yea mine did come with the dowm pipe u might wanna get one because the headers will make it breath but the down pipe wil help as well i think im getting my catback done at mineke how ever u spell it because they did exhaust work for me b4 and they were good price and good quality especially when midas wanted to do the same job for 215 that mineke charged me 90 for

Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
reddodge98
Rookie

yea i just found out that there is a guy that does custom exhaust piping here in this lil town. What thickness is ur down pipe?? did it hookd up straight to ur cat?
i think i might get header and downpipe for now then ill do cat and the rest. how does that muffler u got work on ur avenger?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

yea it fit right to my cat i just had to use new bolts i believe its 2.25 or 2.5 tops nothing bigger the muffler i got now it ok just a 50$ pepboys muffler i have an obx one like the one in the link i posted above but i want to do everything at once cat piping and muffler so the pepboys one works pretty well for me now but im not sure about the new one should be on soon with in a couple of weeks but spring semester of college is over mon so i'll be able to work again and get money for it i think i might get a decent gain one everything is installed

Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 AM
reddodge98
Rookie

ok, so i got everything figured out, i got pacesetter header, cat converter, and piping will be custom made 2.25 inch all the way.
but not for mufflers im not too sure, check out this muffler that i found on mach1car.com
http://www.mach1car.com/Product.aspx...&p=DCM3000
tell me what u think about it, its universal, i kinda wanted one specially made for avengers but i guess it doesnt really matter.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

thats nice dc sports is a good name i have an obx muffler and im pretty sure ill be satisfied id go for it you have the 2.0 5sp?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:20 AM
reddodge98
Rookie

yea i got the 2.0 5spd....im doing the whole exhaust and im glad i found a guy in this town that does custom piping...so im most likely getting that muffler and im getting a pacesetter cat converter...and im going to run 2.25 inch tubing all the way thru.
what u think?? how much power gain u think ill get??

Quick Reply: exhaust set up