1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Question For Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM
tehmenace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question For Exhaust

Hey guys, I am new to these forums. I have some quick questions for you. First off, I have a 97 Avenger V6 2.5L. I am looking to put a new muffler on. I am liking the sound of the Magnaflow mufflers better than most of the other stuff because of the deeper sound that it gives off. What are your suggestions as to what I should get? Should I put a new catback system on or just stick with the muffler for sound? I don't want to spend over $300 on it. I am also gonna be looking at a cold air intake soon, but as of right now it is just stock intake. My main goal is to get the deepest sounding exhaust for the least amount of money (preferably $200). I don't want a high pitched ricer sound like the flowmasters give off if you know what I mean. My other question is about the controller arm recall. I just had my replaced about 2 weeks ago and it cost me about $1500. I just found out about the recall a couple days ago on these forums. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can get my money refunded back to my through Dodge?

Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
sprman9
Rookie
Default RE: Question For Exhaust

From what i understand, its harder to get a ricey sound with a v6, but is possible. Someone told me that that mainly comes from a 4 cylinder that wasnt ever meant to go very fast. (not dissing on 4 cylinders). I bought a cheapy cold air intake off of ebay that ended up being 80$ after shipping and all. Just with that alone i got a deeper, more aggressive tone and really like it, along with 2mpg better. From what I hear, most people do like magnaflow mufflers, but i couldn't tell you from personal experience cause i haven't done any exhaust yet. There is one on exileracing.com (link at the top of the forum) with a cat-back for like 350 or so... which on the 96s atleast gets rid of the flex pipe. idk, its all upto you, just some input for you though.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM
95avenger

i would get any muffler but tthe "can" fart pipe mufflers, any reg muffler (good brand not a no name)will sound deeper, more muscle like. i bought a cheap intake off ebay as well. it was lik $40. it also sounds better from under the hood as well as offers more airflow.
for a 2.0 L you can get pacesetter catbackexhaust. 2.5L (like mine) u can get Bosal catback, i have it and it is soo bad sounding, in the 2000-3000 range when ur taking off from stop it sounds deep and it roars! almost sounds impossible from a barely v6 motor lol
also does anyone know where to get stainless steelheaders for a 2.5 al i find is pacsetter for 2.0L

Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flowmaster 40 series gives the best low growl ...

The other stainless mufflers take time to blow out and break in to the growl

Quick Reply: Question For Exhaust