1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Buying 00 Avenger...questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 AM
t0wardseternity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 00 Avenger...questions

Greetings. Next week, I might be purchasing a 2000 Avenger Sport (2.5 auto, of course). It's got 83k on the clock. When I finally drive it, what are some things to look for that would indicate something bad. Ran a carfax and it was clean, two owner car and both owners followed maintenance schedules. I don't think the timing chain has been replaced, so I know that will need to be addressed. Are there certain problems the Avenger is known for? Especially the 2.5's. Not interested in the car for it's performance, or else I wouldn't really be getting it. I think they're sexy as hell. It will be my daily driver so it will be beat on, not too harshly though.

I think eventually, I might wanna add a cold air intake, and some sort of exhaust for better fuel economy. I'll look those threads up later when I finally decide to go through with it.

But anyway. What are some things I could do to it right away to ensure it will be reliable for me, as that's what I need most out of it. If everything is alright I'm lookin forward to spending time on here shootin the **** with you guys.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, girlfriend picked up a 96 ES with 2.5 and auto a couple months ago. It has 112k on the clock and a lot was wrong, but a steal for only 1 grand. Struts are shot, thing creaks like no other...radio didn't work, cigarette lighter didn't work (not a fuse I checked) windows squeak, headliner was peeling back pretty bad. Some other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. It was owned by a mechanic so I thought it would be pretty good but I guess he was a bad mechanic. I fell in love with it though.

Quick Reply: Buying 00 Avenger...questions