1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

!!! question on hub bearings!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 AM
ambriz02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!! question on hub bearings!

hey.. well i have a question!! my front wheel hub bearings are bad! they make a real bad humming sound! ( so i think thats it) and im wondering if anybody knows where to find some cheap or used bearings! cause at autozone theyre charging 115 for one ! so if anyone can answer this thankyou!

Old 05-11-2007, 04:47 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: !!! question on hub bearings!

Both cheap and used can be found at junkyards. Just make sure that the hubs don't look too bad.
Oh yeah, bearings are difficult to change out. Replacing the entire hub is much easier.
Are you sure they aren't selling you the entire hub?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
JokerzVeng
Rookie

hey just did my hub bearing assmbly. the other day...got mine 4 67 buckz brand new..its a good deal..i dont know if u have a costless auto mort where u live..its a rather str8t forward process...and dont take all the crap off that the book sayz..ur just wasting ur time..all i took off was the caliper..caliper mounting bracket..and the main control arm(the one that goez bad)..and that was about it..takes a lil extra effort maybe but its alot ezier than takein all the other stuff off..and as far as the the assmbly and just the bearingz..the bearingz alone would cost about the same price..GL..

Old 05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
josef15111
Veteran

I found my rear ones real cheap at a advance auto parts here in ohio. i payed like 47 bucks a peice so i got both. i havevnt done the fron yet. look on ebay also i know i seen them in there kinda cheap too..

Joe

Old 05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I worked at Timken I got the bearings for $10 each so I stocked up .. A good shop with a press can get them out pretty easy I got mine swapped for $20 at a shop here ...
Changing the front isn't that bad we did one on the show feild at Nopi Norwalk last year with no minimal tools ... I broke my 1/2" torque wrench using it as a breaker bar though (note to self don't jump on the torque wrench handle)

Quick Reply: !!! question on hub bearings!