1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Installing header, check engine light??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 AM
reddodge98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing header, check engine light??

so i got my header, i went to install which i thought would be easy but there is a few very rusted bolts on there that i cant get out.
all i took off was the heat shields, i unbolted the echaust manifold bolts too, and the oxygen sensor...but i decided to not waste my time on it and just bring it to someone with the rite tools for the job so i put everything back together, i fired up my vehicle and the check engine light came on!! so i went over everything and i forgot to tightned up my oxygen sensor!! so i did that but now it is still on.....does anybody have a clue of what the fu** is going on....maybe torque specs?? i have no idea, now im not only going to bring it to the shop to get my header install but also to check that stupid light...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Default RE: Installing header, check engine light??

did u try disconnecting thebattery the cel might shut off and stay off also go to autozone to get the code checked see y its on the bolts were rusted i had the same problem i think we used a tourch for the header bolts but i took a saw to the bolts connecting the downpipe to the cat and made new ones

Old 05-21-2007, 03:30 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

also try the keydance and see what the number is i belive there is a sticky in here that can tell what each number means that it spits out i thought i had it in my favorites but i guess not

Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 AM
reddodge98
Rookie

yea i used a torch too and most of them came off but the one connecting to the cat is just brutal...so i said **** it i rather pay somebody to do it i got sick of it....tomorrow i will try disconnecting the battery and connecting it again....w.e. it is it cant be anything mayor but i will have the shop check it out i work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and tomorrow is my only day off and i got no time to be messing with that ****....
these pacesetter header did come with the y pipe and connector to cat converter i didnt think it would...hopefully tomorrow that damn lite will go off its annoying me!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:04 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

yea thats y i had to take a saw to the bolts on the cat and it started to rain lol but i had most of everything off so i said screw it and finished and i was happy well i got to happy and blew one of the welds on the down pipe lol

Quick Reply: Installing header, check engine light??