1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:13 PM
2000BlackVengerES
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler

I want a new muffler but the damn thing is being a pain. I want a dual outlet, rectangular one but the inlet has to be off to the right of it. It can't be in the middle. I want round or square tips, deep sporty tone and maybe some hp.

Any ideas

Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Muffler

Any descent muffler shop can custom make a pipe to adapt to the middle inlet ... cost me $10 for the pipe

Old 05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
2000BlackVengerES
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are you saying they should be able to move a center inlet muffler over and make it an offset one or what? The guy said he could make it work but it would look crooked.

Do you know of any descent dual outlet, offset right inlet mufflers. Or who makes them?

Thanx
Ben

Old 05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was a Tannabe cat back for an eclipse , of course they had to make a pipe to make up the 8" difference ...

Several other ones I've done used center pipes the guy at the muffler shop lined up the muffler then made the pipe to adapt to the center inlet .... AGAIN he charged $10 to make the pipe plus $25 labor for the muffler install he had to weld bracket to the muffler to get it mounted and then made the pipe , welded up to the stock exhaust ...

Quick Reply: Muffler