1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

universal garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:51 AM
Funker22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default universal garage door opener

I don't have my owners manual for my 1998 es. Anyone know how to program the garage door opener buttons on the driver side visor. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
JokerzVeng
Rookie
Default RE: universal garage door opener

hold down the 2 outside buttons for 20 seconds...red light should flash...then with garahge door opener in hand..press and hold button on opener and visor till red light blinks again..(u can set whichever button u want)..nemore questions u need from manual look me up..

[IMG]local://upfiles/61705/83AD38A034F34845B6512858A242382F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

I have tried exactly what the owners manual said to program the universal Garage Door opener and it never worked..i followed exact directions by pressing both outside button until they blink to reset the buttons then hold the programed opener close to the cars GD opener and press the button until it blinks again and it never programed it right.... dont know why it didnt program right. is there certain Garage doors that it can and cannot work with?

Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

There is another way to program it. There are code hopping devices that need to be programmed just a tad different.
First, reset it again, hold the garage door opener at the default distance (1-2 inches?) from homelink. Press the two remotes. Press homelink down for a second, release, press for a second, and repeat this until homelink blinks to let you know that it's programmed.
I've had to do this to at lease 2 garage doors and a gate. The books way only worked once.
The range of homelink seemed better than any of my GD openers too.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

ok so how many times do i keep repeating until it flashes and do i need to push teh button on the back of the garage door in the garageto configure the codesto the homelink and other garage door openers or will just doing what u wrote work
havent tried it yet, will do and let u know how it turns out

Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, you'll have to press and hold the garage door open until the homelink flashes to let you know that it was programmed successfully.
In essence, what you're doing is manually finding a compatible homelink code to start off with since it sounds like you have a code hopping system.
This technique takes patients, lol, and finger strength. You may not get it the first 3 times, lol. My first time doing it this way almost had me tossing my remote out the window, lol. Seriously though, this is how you program homelink with the code hopping systems, such as a lot of the newer openers.

Quick Reply: universal garage door opener