1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

problem need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
00neon27sts
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem need advice

OK my mom has and 96 avenger her ex took it and had his boss look at it and he said the oil pump was bad so he brought it back here i started it upit is low on oil he also put trans fluid in it and when i started it up it has oil pressure so should i just clean it up real good put so good oil in with some lucus oil treatment init and give it a tune up or should i do something else? thanks in advance p.s. i used to own it then trade it for a neon because the water pump went out and i didnt have money to fix it but i love the avengers!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem need advice

I'd give it an oil change then see what the pressure looks like ... worst case your out 5 quarts of oil and a filter

Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: 00neon27sts

OK my mom has and 96 avenger her ex took it and had his boss look at it and he said the oil pump was bad so he brought it back here i started it upit is low on oil he also put trans fluid in it and when i started it up it has oil pressure so should i just clean it up real good put so good oil in with some lucus oil treatment init and give it a tune up or should i do something else? thanks in advance p.s. i used to own it then trade it for a neon because the water pump went out and i didnt have money to fix it but i love the avengers!!!!!!
The oil pressure is low and you put transmission fluid in it? Am I reading that right?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:30 PM
00neon27sts
Rookie

when her ex took it and looked at he put trans fulid in it i didn't i am smarter than that

Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Gotcha...lol, some people eh.
Flush the oil and put in motor oil and then let us know how it goes. It sounds like the fluid was low and the ex put tranny fluid in because the oil was low to try and help the issue.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Talyn

At least the trans fluid will give the engine a good cleaning.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
ommar
Default problem with engine start up. PLZ help!

I have a 98 dodge avenger ES. it was running fine with no problem until recently i have problems with starting engine. Once I insert the key to start the car,. the engine keeps cranking and it wont start. i took for mechanics . they couldnt find the problem with it, meanwhile sometimes it just works normal, it starts normal with no problem, but lets say in the morning i wake up, it wont start at all even if i keep cranking for one hour, so basically it keeps cranking but it never starts, but after some time it starts with no problem. so somebody could help me with this issue?
tanks

Old 07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem with engine start up. PLZ help!

Well there are three things needed to run , gas, spark and air ...
We'll assume that airs getting in ... know we need to tell us if you are getting fuel , and spark ...

Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

...before that, I would take a hammer or rubber mallet and tap the starter on the day(s) it doesn't want to start and if that works.....it's your starter. If it doesn't, BV is right on.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:38 PM
ommar

the problem is that power does not come to the plugs
or even it does not come to the distrubuter, and two mechanics couldnt the problem coz the car started after oneday being in the mechanic shop. do u guys think it is the compputer,. or should i take it to da dearl?

Quick Reply: problem need advice