1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

New Guy here, looking for some help... ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 03:13 PM
Fear Himself
Default New Guy here, looking for some help... ASAP!

Hi there. I love this place, you guys here loves you some Dodge! Thats great. I just bought a 95 Avenger, 2.5, V6! Nice car. Recently its been acting funny. Took it to the Transmission guys to get it checked, came back with Solenoid Circut Error 42 2/4. Had the Solenoid replaced, and still the same thing. It goes into "Limp Mode", wont shift out of 2. Just revs up. I dont know what to do. Some are telling me that its the TCM, other people are saying its a bad connnection....And finally some are saying I need to replace the Input/Ouput Speed Sensor. Obviously one is cheaper than the other! I dont want to change the Speed Senor or TCM if infact it it the wiring. Help me please.[:@]

Old 07-13-2007 | 06:37 PM
rthegremlin2
Default RE: New Guy here, looking for some help... ASAP!

I had the same problem in my cherokee and it ended up being the TCM. Works great since then.

Old 07-14-2007 | 04:54 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Default RE: New Guy here, looking for some help... ASAP!

Check your tranny fluid for color, smell, and particles. Then have it flushed and have MOPAR ATF+3 or 4 put in. The A604 does not do well with other fluids.
One thing, does it do this when the motor is still cold or just when it warms up?
The speed sensor and TCM could also be bad, but those don't break as often on these cars.

Quick Reply: New Guy here, looking for some help... ASAP!