1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Still Misfiring.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 PM
sumncguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still Misfiring.....

I havent gotten my car back, but its at a indy mechanic who said that he found that the ignition wire plug connector was pushed up into the boot and not snapped onto the end of the plug. I dont have it back yet ... but it certainly seems like a possibility. Got a 2.5l 1996 Sebring Convertible.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
SlicedBread
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still Misfiring.....

In my situation, I have almost tried everything. The only thing I haven't checked was the belts (I don't know enough to start messing with that especially now with school and a 70 mile daily drive). Everything from that cylinder has been switched to another to see if a change occured: plugs, wires, and injectors were swapped from cylinder 2. I honestly think its going to turn out to be something stupid if I ever get it fixed, but it has been over a year now and it still does not produce any smoke or egg smells except for a carbon smell when it is misfiring similar to seafoaming your car.

I suspect it might be something with the belts because my car has low oil pressure at idle and the air conditioning makes the car vibrate and severely underperfom. At this point I would like to do the 3.0 liter engine swap which *should* fix my problem and give me a little more performance before the gremlins take my transmission away.