1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Blinker Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
atcsat64
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blinker Question

Anybody had or heard of this? My left blinker is stuck on (blinking) but mechanically working correctly. Hazards override the blinkers as all flash, but goes back to stuck left when turned off. Most likely the switch assembly in the steering wheel but just fishing for clues....

Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blinker Question

i also have a little question on this topic.... sometimes ill go for a drive, and my left blinker wont work at all.. it is almost like when the bulb is dead how the blinker blinks really fast, but i know that the bulb is fine.. i just replaced it... so i will take the blinker cover out and take out the bulb and put it back in... and it will work fine.. am i not getting a good connection with the bulb.... and i also have a terrible time keeping water/condensation out of the blinker covers. would this cause my blinker to short or somthing.. and does anyone else have problems with water getting in their bumper/blinker cover?

Old 02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Reavenger

I have the exact same thing with my 98 ES. Left turn signal stays on whenever key is on regardless of the position lever. The hazards work properly, but no right turn signal. I have to take the fuse out to drive the car so the left signal won't be on constantly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the blinkers staying on constantly you'll have to trace the wiring to turn signal flasher and see if it's staying high(12 volts) If thats the case likely it's the turn signal stalk . If not it could be the flasher assembly.

Dynamite , you likely have corrosion in the socket causing an intermittant connection or their is water getting in the socket. I'd make sure there is no power to the socket clean out the socket ( I use a battery terminal cleaner ) After that apply some di-electric greaseto the bulb to help limit/prevent the water from getting in.Remember to service the rear one as well, 90% of the time it will take care of it... If not you might have an intermittant connection feeding the sockets

Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Reavenger

Being too lazy to trace wires, I bought a junkyard turn signal stalk for $12. It fixed the problem and it only took about 6 minutes from start to finish .

Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Avengercrazy

sometimes the boot from the harness to the light assembly can corrode as well..

Old 10-19-2014, 04:57 PM
rchupp

What are the required steps in replacing the turn signal switch for a 1998 Dodge Avenger ES. My left turn signal is also stuck on. thanks

Quick Reply: Blinker Question