1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

wiring harness diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
ProjectRed95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness diagram

O.k. I need the diagram for the wiring harness on my 95 venge I'm trying to keep from running new wires to the speakers. However when I replaced my head unit and used an after market wiring harness no sound came from it. So I ran speaker wire to the rear speakers but I am skeptical bout the dash and door speakers. Are they wired together or do I need a crossover for those if I run new wire or what?I removed the fac amp already, no subs yet, gettin older don't want heavy bass...

Old 08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: wiring harness diagram

You will have to run new wires since the amp had the built in crossover (for the fronts). The doors and dash have seperate wires ran to them. They were just routed to the amp.
It would probably benefit you more to reinstall the stock amp otherwise you'll have to install an aftermarket amp. You can also buy inline crossovers if you want to run the speakers off the headunit.

Here's a post I made back in the day that has an attachment with the front harness and the amp harness for Chrysler vehicles and a diagram from a member elsewhere.
https://dodgeforum.com/fb.asp?m=553860

Old 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
ProjectRed95

ok but how many watts is that lil amp? My head unit puts out 17.5 watts RMS to each channel.and if I put the amp back in will it let the power get to the speakers?

Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd GUESS that you have the infinity system with the amp , when you but it in aftermarket head unit you MUST connect the remote wire from the head unit to the white wire with black or silver dots (on the factory harness ) to supply turn on power to the amp ...

Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 AM
ProjectRed95

I found no fuses in the box under the dash. put fuses in and got sound in rear deck speakers and frnt lft tweeter, and rightdoor speaker is blown,no sound from right tweeter nor the left door. So I'll replace all speakers and run new wire,

Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have the infinity system small amp under the rear deck between the 6x9's tha amp is 6 channels two for the tweets two for the doors and two for the rears ... the amp is rated at 26 watt rms per channel...
you never stated if you connected the wire I listed to turn on the amp ...

Quick Reply: wiring harness diagram