1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

brake pads and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
BuckNut09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake pads and rotors

i just recently about a month ago replaced all four brake bads on my avenger but i didnt turn or replace the rotors because they still looked smoothe and me and my cousin decided there was no need now about a week ago i started hearing a whining noise and feeling some vibration in my steering wheel and pedals when i brake. obviously thats my rotors going bad so now i purchased new rotors but my question is, is it absolutely a must to replace the break pads once again since i am installing new rotors and the pads are no more than a month old and i really dont want to have to buy all new pads again so ridiculously soon............ne input or ways to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: brake pads and rotors

if they are not too badly worn , you might be able to take them and use a belt sander to smooth them flat

Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brake pads and rotors

Take a grinder and scar the rotors so the brakes will seat better. I would just lift the front put it in drive and take sum sand paper to the rottor and put lil "C" shaped makes in it.

Quick Reply: brake pads and rotors