1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

About the ball joint recall

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM
InfiniteZero
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the ball joint recall

Well I had called not too long ago and the Dodge dealership near me told me that the recall had already been done. Guilable me believed it, and my ball joints were going so I had them replaced. Needless to say, hundreds of dollars later my car is running tip top.

Here's the thing, it didn't occur to me until I read the post about the recall here in the forums that the dealership would BS you and that I was stupid enough to think the balljoints would need to be replaced twice within ten years. Is there anyway I can get my money back and make them honor the recall? Or am I completely screwed? Any info is appreciated.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: About the ball joint recall

CALL the number posted if you have the receipts from the repair you stand a GOODS chance unless you were overcharged by whoever did it ... If it's the DEALER they normally will refund 100%

Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
InfiniteZero
Rookie

I didn't take it to the dealer is the thing, that's why I'm worried I may not get a refund. I was charged 790 for the whole thing with labor and alignment. 500 for parts and 200 and some change for the labor. I'm gonna give the number a ring here in a few, if you could give me anymore info it'd be great.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
InfiniteZero
Rookie

Alright, nevermind I just gave the number a call and the automated system said that if I had the work done and it was still part of the recall to send the information and the reciept in and they'll give me a refund. The fun part now is digging through my pile of papers to find the reciept, thanks badvenge, you saved the day.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I gladly accept visa/mastercard/or american express

Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
drumma

ok so if i didn't buy my car from a dealership then can i still go to a dodge dealership and have them replaced?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

YES the RECALL is on the car , not where you bought it from ...

Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
teddykgb5023

i had this same thing happen i got new tires and wheels. was going to get alignment done midas said they wount do it cause your balljoints were bad so i buy parts and began to take apart ending up braking a bolt. got online to read some post found one about recall called my dealership and they told me it was done alreadymay2001 then i said well isnt there a life time recall told me no SORRY!! so i called a dif dealership told him whole story and i had me bring it in broken bolt and all 2days later!!!! it drives like a new car my wife never remembered it driving like this ever!!! i dont know if that dealership BS me that is was done or if they BS that they ever did it!!!!like put in one time it was there that they checked it and it was fine and not changed them out!!! bastards im glad everthing turn out alright post when you get your cash back ps well i had to pay for alignment tho but it was nothing got over 150 back for parts oh i replaced both ball joints the curved went bad cause of str8 pair went rides like a dream i put some steel 15" wheelwith 225/60/15 traction T/As from tirerack.com wife hits apot hole[:@] ever year 17s were all screwed up lol

Old 11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
nightrider340
Professional

how do you know if the ball joints have been replaced... just bought a 98 avenger... thanks rick

Old 11-20-2007, 07:41 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

As mentioned take it to the dealer for a free inspection ... if they are defective they will be replaced , if they are OK the inspection was free

Quick Reply: About the ball joint recall