1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Beasty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pistons

Ok i have a 98 dodge avenger 2.5 and i wanna drop in a 3.0 out of a mitsubishi eclipseto switch it tomanual. but i also want to put a force airinduction onto it but i know on those 3.0s the psi rating is poor i think it was 4 psi not to sure. but what i want to know is where can i go for performance pistions camshafts and crankshafts so i can build up that psi to support the forced air induction....any suggestions would be helpful except negative ones im only asking for links and advice not critisizum and put downs......those just arent helpful at all

Lloyd

Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pistons

disturbing motorsports.com

Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
TheZephire
Rookie

hey venge, what would be the best motor to drop in my venger for speed and hp? i want to convert it to a manual, and put a turbo on, but i also want to do many other things, what is the best engine, the 2.0 and in this case which one?, or the 3.0?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I didn't want to burst beasty's bubble but NO ONE has transplanted the 3.0 AND manual...
If you want a manual the 2.0 or the GSX swap are the best bets

Old 01-06-2008, 12:22 PM
TheZephire
Rookie

see, thats what i heard, but i wasnt compleatly sure, but then what would be the best engine then? i know there are different 2.0s that will fit this car, whats the best one, and what cars have it? whats the diff between the gsx and the 2.0

Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Beasty

not to sound like a dick either venge anything is possible with a few modifications, if u can take a stock dodge avenger and make it rear wheel drive then i can drop in a manual 3.0 into my car. but i never said it would match right up i know theres going to be some fabrication to do in order for this to work........ all i wanted to know was the pistons since i was having trouble finding some. and incase i misunderstood what you said the engine im dropping in is a stock engine that came with the manual option

Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I fully understand as mentioned NO ONE has successfully done it ...(I know of 6 attempts helped with 2)
Get the ENTIRE electrical system,harnesses and ECU TCMs and ALL sensors from the donor cars ...As well as clutch slave cylinders...

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Beasty

yeah i got all that already i got in a wrecked eclipse that was hit in the rear. i pulled the engine out and i wanted to upgrade the cams, crankshaft, pistons, etc.etc. before i even think about ripping my engine out of the venge. i found cams and crankshaft but i couldnt find those pistons and i sent the heads out to be ported and polished. and also thinking about getting the block bored and stroked but im not sure if i wanna do that and if so ima half to send it out because there is no way in hell im going to want to do that.........

Quick Reply: Pistons