1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

PCM or injector harness?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Avenger901
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM or injector harness?

ran a test today on my 96 avenger v6 with the scan tool at school. my number 2 in cylinder is misfiring. so i check the harness to that injector. i got power but no ground. so i did a node test(i thinks thats what its called) on my 4 and 6 injector. the light was flashing. on the #2 injector it did not
flash. all the injectors cant run on the same ground cuz if thats the case non of them would fire. i then talked to my instructor and he said it could be a bad ground or the pcm is bad.

does anybody have a clue about this problem? is so please give me some advice.
i found a pcm for $315. does anyone kno where to get a cheaper one?
how much is a new harness?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCM or injector harness?

If it was mine , I'd pull the loom of the harness and follow the wire to see if it has been cut or came loose in the harness or thru the connectors .... Also Examine the plugs/connectors for corrosion ... Or try running a jumper from the injector to the other end of the wire to prove it's a bad harness ...

$315 sounds pricey for the computer ... Check Junkyards or car-parts.com for one ...

Old 01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCM or injector harness?

I wouldn't trust junk yards cause they don't keep them in good condition and are very shysty about there return policy.

Quick Reply: PCM or injector harness?