1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

How to get glass out

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
slakr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get glass out

im in the middle of a rebuild and have reached the bodywork stage but cant seem to find a good way of getting the glass (windshield, side, and rear) off without crackin it. any good ideas or suggestions.... hiring an expert is not a good suggestion. any other ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to buy a glass removal tool ... After removing the moulding you punch a small hole in the rubber seal then feed a wire thru and see saw it to cut the seal ... Of course you will have to replace the seal ... Just an FYI if the rear glass breaks you'll be out $500 or so , so if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing you can be out big $$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windshield-Car-G...3A1%7C294%3A50

Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
slakr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so how about the moulding around the side windows (ones behind the doors) how do you get that off cause i looked at it and it seems to be wrapped up under the glass. i tried just pulling it a little but i dont wanna pull too hard and risk breaking the glass. any suggestions?

Quick Reply: How to get glass out