1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

95 Avenger bad oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:11 AM
aljoy1
|
Default 95 Avenger bad oil leak

I have a 1995 Dodge Avenger. Had minor oil leaks from all engine seals but now it is streaming when at idle. Not leaking when stopped. I had changed the oil and put some Marvel Mystery Oil in - I assume that did something. Did I cause a build up of sludge on oil pump screen, oil filter, or cleared the seals and now they are pouring oil. Good oil pressure and seems to be leaking from passenger front of car - towards the middle of the engine. Before I can get it on a lift, any ideas on what I caused? Thank you.

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:18 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

You don't say what motor ... There are different places depending on what motor ..
If you had built up sludge the oil pressure would be low ...Middle of the motor can be a cracked head or head gasket

Old 02-08-2009 | 05:19 PM
aljoy1
|

Thanks - it is the 6 cyclinder. Wouldn't a crack head have water going into the oil of oil going into the coolant? The leak seems to be behind the serpentine belt -

Old 02-08-2009 | 06:17 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

depends were the crack is it ... also can be valve cover gaskets ect ect ... trying to diagnose with limited info is near imposible ... pics of area might help

Quick Reply: 95 Avenger bad oil leak