1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

98 DODGE AVENGER REALLY high pitch noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:38 PM
ladeesin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 DODGE AVENGER REALLY high pitch noise

Hi, my 98 venger is making a REALLY REALLY high pitch noise and everytime i accelerate the noise is getting louder and its EMBARASSING!!

I think the sound is coming from the right back side of the wheel, and there is this navy guy said "YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR BRAKES" and it was a REALLY REALLY REALLY loud whistle noise, but if I go fast really fast, the noise will stop.

should it be the break pads?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are accelerating and not on the brakes then it should not be the brakes ... As for noise it could be bad wheel bearings or the CV joint ...

Old 02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
ladeesin

ok here is what happens, we drove for a mile then my boyfriend forgot to put the hand break then we thought nothing happen, then when we exit the freeway about 2 miles its starting to make the REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HIGH PITCH NOISE then the navy security said that I should change the BRAKES. the slower we go the louder it gets.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
ladeesin

oh ok, yea I was thinking that its the wheel that is making the noise...Thanks! I am not driving the car for now I dont want to wreck the whole thing so Ill just get it check on saturday. THANKS BADVENGE

Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Do you have rear disc brakes ??? If so thehand brake pads are seperate from the regular brake pads so driving with the brake on will not hurt that ... unless the cables are stuck from lack of use

Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
ladeesin

Yeah, I was thinking that the noise is coming from the wheel plate and I can smell something from it. How much do you think it'll cost if I get the plate fix?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

If it's the rear parking brake pads , those are a dealer only part and rather pricey ... cheaper from mitsubishi 95/99 eclipse ones ... next it depends if the cables are stuck/damaged ... and can be freed up or need replaced ...

Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
ladeesin

shoot! i hope it wont cost a lot....alright venge i'll get it check on saturday.....TNX ALOT! ill let u know whats wrong with it

Quick Reply: 98 DODGE AVENGER REALLY high pitch noise