1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Squeeking Front Passenger Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 09:16 PM
luckyfox
|
Exclamation Squeeking Front Passenger Wheel

Although not consistently, or particularly loudly, I have noticed the car squeaks at low speeds. Roughly 10-25mph, and no faster. I happened to notice this when in front of a grocery store. The noise was reflecting of the buildings walls, and that is generally the only time I notice it. Again, it's not very loud, and it does stop as soon as I apply the breaks at all. It's the front, passenger side wheel.

I did check the website with the car's VIN number, and it does say that the different recalls and replacements have been performed, so I am lead to believe that this is simply a need for grease in the ball bearings, or maybe the breaks need to be cleaned... Other than that, I'm at a loss as to what it could possibly be.

Any suggestions appreciated.

-Lucky

Old 02-25-2009 | 10:19 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

Jack up that side and wiggle and listen ....
Sway bar end links , A arm bushings , Top strut mounts are all noise causers ...
Also the Lower control arm is a LIFETIME recall they will try to tell you it's not but call the # in the sticky and they WILL cover it

Quick Reply: Squeeking Front Passenger Wheel