1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Avenger Stalling issue Code help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Nomos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avenger Stalling issue Code help please

Ok so my Avenger had been doing the random stall for about 6 months ans then threw code 25 at me. I replaced the Idle Air control and It seemed to be running better, the light went off for about 5 second then the car kind of hiccuped and the light came back on. NowI am getting code 12( battery disconnected last 50 starts which Is true) a code 71 (low pcm output voltage) and a code 23 (intake air temp sensor voltage out of range).
The car is still stalling.

So what do I do now? Replace the PCM and see if the others clear up or replace the air temp sensor and see if the other clear up? I recently got laid off so I cant throw a lot of money in the car right now, but I am concerned If I don't get this taken care of other problems are going to appear.

Oh its a 95 ES with the 2.5 liter engine and about 100,000 miles. Timing belt was replaced about 5,000 miles ago

Thanks

Matt

Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things first ,,..Run a bottle of seafoam thru the intake tract and remove and clean the EGR valve then see how it runs

Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Nomos

I will do that tonight after my wife gets back with the car and post the results.

Thanks

Matt

Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
09lowrider

i'm not sure if this tsb applies for the 2.5 l , it does for a 2.0 l tsb 18 06 97a getting a flash code 12 and IAC code, tsb, clean batt post or replace batt pos cable end,
had this happen to me with my own car with a 95 2.0 l avenger, I replaced IAC and still had P0505 (IAC code) , batt was getting weak , so I replaced batt and for the white wires on the batt pos was arc ing (found some burnt spotts on the wire terminals) repaced batt and cleaned wire ends and it was ok then,a couple weeks later found the tsb for this, did'nt really need a new IAC motor.
(after doing this if it keeps happening tsb says to replace the pcm)

Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The White fusible links are a problem if they get corroded

Quick Reply: Avenger Stalling issue Code help please