1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Manual tranny fitment on the v-6?? Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 09:59 PM
slakr
|
Rookie
Default Manual tranny fitment on the v-6?? Possible??

so a great deal just fell into my lap. ive got a gutted 95 venge with the 5spd 420a (engines done for but tranny is mint) just got a STEAL on a 95 venge with a good v-6 but dead tranny. will my tranny fit the v-6 or will any 5spd tranny fit that engine. if a 5spd fits will i need to swap for a diff ecu from a 5spd car of comparable specs?? let me know what the deal is here cause if this works then ive got a ridiculously cheap and almost perfect venge for a even trade for the scrap of my old one.

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:57 AM
slakr
|
Rookie

ok nevermind bout the question i posted earlier. i found an expert through a friend of mine whos gonna help me put a 5 speed tranny out of a galant on this venge. he also told me that there are several high performance options for the car if the money's there. word to the wise for anyone thinkin of doin this to their v6 venges, its 2-3 times as expensive to mod the v6 as it is the 4cyl. first of all both engines need to be swapped for high performance cause the 420a and the 6g73 cant handle big power for a reasonable price but the... oh it was either the 6g72 or the 74(i cant remember off hand) is ridiculously expensive and requires much more modification to the car itself which is why im puttin the 5spd in and callin it quits for now. if anyone is in my shoes let me know and i can ask him for you cuz hes done a whole lot of stuff with dsms and mitsus so hed prolly be able to offer excellent advice

Old 03-18-2009 | 08:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

There is only 1 5 spd V6 out there , it was built by disturbing motorsports ... If you think that the 5 speed from a galant will just bolt in you are in for quite the suprise ...

Old 03-18-2009 | 09:01 PM
slakr
|
Rookie

ya youre right i misunderstood him ill hafta swap the engine and tranny out of the galant i must have wanted to hear something else when he was explainin it to me. (selective hearings a b@#$%) o well ill just put a new at in it and sell the thing cause i dont really wanna swap another v6 in this thing and i dont have time to rebuild the 4g63 i had for the venge that is now getting scrapped.

Quick Reply: Manual tranny fitment on the v-6?? Possible??