1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

EGR insufficient flow detected

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Ridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR insufficient flow detected

I had the CEL go on again. It started out as a misfire and ruff idle about 3 months ago. I ran some fuel system cleaner through gas tank and added a cold air intake. I also put a full can of seafoam in the tank every other fillup. It went away and runs smooth, idle is little low though. Check engine light went on couple weeks ago. Its was EGR insufficient flow deteched. Its went away after a day. Then just came back on tonight. Same code EGR insufficient flow deteched. Anyone have any guess on where to go next? or what that means?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Killa200
Rookie

What kind of filter is on your CAI? Also run some seafoam through the intake via a vacuum line.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Ridge

K&N filter on CAI. I'm not sure where vacuum line in intake is? I've put some directly into the engine though.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Mavman
Professional

take the UFO lookin part off and clean it. It may just have a clog on the vacuum line for the EGR control module that is dependent on atmospheric conditions.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V6?? take the EGR off the rear of the manifold and try flushing it out , examine the piping for leaks and cracks/splitting / After cleaning no improvement replace EGR

Quick Reply: EGR insufficient flow detected