1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

'98 Avenger Front End Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:02 PM
1998avenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 Avenger Front End Shaking

I recently brought my '98 Avenger to my mechanic because I noticed a lot of shaking at higher speeds, usually around 65 MPH and getting progressively worse. He said to me that it is because I need all new brake pads and rotors, which is true. Now let me say that sometimes when I am braking around 40 MPH or going from a real high speed to a very slow speed I notice the car shake as well, which he might be right about this. However, I still do not understand why the brake pads and rotors would be the cause of the shaking when I am accelerating at high speeds. I figured it was the tires out of balance or such.

Let me explain to you a bit of history as well. I bought the car early summer last year and in the fall of last year my right/front wheel broke off due to the Lower Control Arm (or lateral arm, whichever is not covered by the recall). This caused the entire front of my car to get pulled to the right when it happened since I was going normal city speeds, 25 MPH. About a week or 2 before this, I had my mechanic fix the suspension on my car and he told me that the piece he had replaced (the control or lateral, whichever one it is) had failed or was a "defect." I think he was bull****ting me, so he fixed it again (free of course, lucky I didn't sue lol). He told me to go to the dealership about the recall. So I did and had no luck for two reasons. One is the recall had been done and it's only a one time deal (yes they shot me down like that) and when I looked at my receipt and checked the recall online (here and other sites) I'm pretty sure it's not the right piece anyway.

My problem is that I've noticed a pull in my car sometimes when I turn, especially hard, quick left turns. Also, my alignment is off. I have mentioned it to my mechanic plenty of times, and I think he is just giving me different reasons to cover up for what I believe is his shop's fault, whether he did or a helper. I know I'm rambling, but I only continue to go to this guy because my father always and me too for the past few years of driving and haven't had much of a problem until now. I was wondering if any of you can give me some of advice and maybe after hearing my entire story, do you agree with me that one incident (the defect) could cause the rest of problems I've had??

Thanks a lot for whoever reads this lol

Old 08-21-2009, 10:11 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a bad hub assembly to me ....

Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
1998avenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Veng. Can it be corrected?

Old 08-22-2009, 04:28 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replaced not a bad job ...

Quick Reply: '98 Avenger Front End Shaking