1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Someone help.. Oil Pan

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:46 AM
avurnovy89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone help.. Oil Pan

Well to start off I have a 99 dodge avenger, DOHC 2.0 4 cylinder.
Ok I have had a lot of problems with my car I have tried to give it a prolonged life and it seems like everything has to mess up, and the things that mess up, you would never detect until it goes out. ok so I was hearing this noise coming from the front. It sounded like a rock hit something. It usually comes and goes. It does it most often with a steady speed. So we changed the exhaust manifold thinkin that might resolve it. Then I was driving it home and heard it again then later all of a sudden it was like my car blew up. My oil pan busted . I talked to my mechanic and he said something had to shot out of it because I didnt hit anything. Does anyone know what could of happened. Do you think my motor had something to do with it. Could that rock like noise have something to do with the motor. Now my mechanic started the car up and it sounded fine. it didnt make any weird noises. but I dont understand how that just happens. Can oil pans just blow up? Does anyone know anything..

Old 10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iI've never heard of any oil pan blowing up ... if a part went thru the pan it likely came off of the crank or pistons ...

Quick Reply: Someone help.. Oil Pan