1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Heater panel lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 AM
fil327
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater panel lights

I have a 99 Dodge Avenger es my lights that illuminate the heat temp, air flow and air velocity went out. I tapped on the panel and they would come back on for a few minutes and then off again, now they won't come on at all. I took the panel off and jiggled the wires to see if it may be just a loose connection and they came back on for a second then out again. Does anyone have any ideas. Should I replace the whole heater panel assembly and if so does anyone have step by step direction on how to get the panel out of the dash I couldn't figure it out. Thanks all

Old 10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a single bulb dead center I'd examine it and he socket...before scraping the entire panel

Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
fil327

Thanks bad venge but i dont know how to get the panell out or to the bulb. I took off the outer panel unscrewed the four screws but thats as far as i got. Any ideas on how to get to the bulb?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I remove the radio and reach up .... pretty much dead center just twist to remove

Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM
fil327

Hey thanks for the input I tried what you said to pull the radio and that worked the only thing is there is a whole were the bulb should be but it looks like they made a revision on this model. I used a mirror and could see that there is a little almost like a led bulb instead and getting to it is only done by pulling the controle panel out and I am having a hell of a time trying to do that. I can see the little bulb but just cant get to it with two fingers or tool to twist and pull. Any ideas? Thanks (99 Dodge Avenger ES)

Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The Hvac comes loose with screws undo those and the panel pulls out slightly cables are still atached

Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 PM
fil327
Default Fyi

Sorry bad venge but the info you gave me was off. The heater controle panel does'nt come out slitly you have to pull it out through the radio hole. Also you can only reach the led bulb from the top and not the bottom and you have to move the A/C button to get to it. The bulb look like a led light but isnt it also has orange condom over it.Thanks anyway though.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Hmm funny I've replaced TONS with the SAME advice ... You are the only one that can't reach and I never SPECIFIED how to move the HVAC but whatever ....
glad you got it

Quick Reply: Heater panel lights