1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

supercharge/turbo 2.5L v6

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Ridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharge/turbo 2.5L v6

I just finished up putting a whole new exhaust on my avenger, I put on new downpipe, Had a nasty leak, high flow cat converter and bosal catback. It sounds awesome and gained some horses, but I still want more. I also have a cold air intake. So I'm guessing I'm up to about maybe 175-190hp. I am hoping to get above 200hp, but for as cheap as possible after just dropping alot on the new exhaust.

I have been looking at some of those electric supercharger's on ebay. They advertise 2-3psi boost. Anyone know what gains I could get out of that. Seems to me It would only be maybe 10-15hp as I know you get about 88bhp out of around 18psi, but I'm not sure if that would be different because its on a different car and a turbo? I don't have any idea about turbos and super chargers. I have read about them, but what the psi to hp is.

or if anyone knows where a can get a cheaper kit non-intercooled so I don't have to find a spot for it in the small crowned engine compartment, maybe self-oiled so I don't have to tap the oil pan, although the oil pan gasket is leaking so it might not be a bad idea

Thanks in advance

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only ONE electric turbo/SC that works ... Knight turbo system

And there is no such thing as a cheap turbo for the 2.5 ...
Most are using the Ripp Mods SC for the 3.0 and modifying it for the 2.5
ones for sale on another board

Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Ridge

Holy crap ya 2000$ for the ripp mods supercharger. So your saying that electric one on ebay is just a joke then? It looks to me like it would force some air in. I would rather have 2-3psi boost for 50$ compared to 6psi to not sure what for 2000$. I mean if it has the same diameter tubing to fit the intake and is forcing some air up there shouldn't it be giving some boost? I'm just looking for a cheap way to add a little more power without swapping out the engine or anything more than about 100$.

I know a few things I can do, but all are expensive. bigger fuel injectors w/ fuel rails, pump etc. headers, but I think thats a group buy thing and I just got a new downpipe. Sending my computer to someplace in california to get reprogrammed. or underdrive pulleys, but they don't make them for our cars. There isn't really anything else I can think of but forcing more air in.
Makes you wonder why dodge just didn't put a bigger engine in these to start with. awesome looking car No power.

If the one for sale is cheaper than 100$ i'll take it, but i'm highly highly doubting that.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

no he's asking $2500 ... if it was $100 I would have bought it ...

The 3.0 swap is the best bang for the buck ...

and of course NOS is the next cheapest HP adder

Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
dano62

im looking at the e-ram electric supercharger with 15 hp gains garrented but im worried about it also. I only have the 4 banger 2.0 so i say take what you can get. I really need one to get up hills. lol. NOS would get me up the hills to but im also on a budget.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

JUNK JUNK JUNK It's a Marine Bilge blower it does NOTHING

The ONLY electric supercharger tat works is from knight turbo systems and it requires THREE batteries and can only be used in short bursts

Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
technotitclan

Hp is not cheap. If your looking for a cheap way to add hp then your best bet is to assemble your own ram air. I was thinking about doing this by running 1 or 2 intake pipes into a filter box from the fog light ports. that is the cheapest hp your gonna get. otherwise you need to spend at least $1500 on a cheap turbo system or something. I can sympathize, I hate spending money but that is the only solution worth doing.

To Dano62: our 2.0's will take to a turbo fairly easily (as easy a turbo conversion can get). You can get 275 Hp from as little as 8-12 PSI. If you keep the boost low (no higher than 12 psi) than all you will need is the turbo, 550 cc injectors and fuel pump. I would recommend hitting up dsmtuners.com they have quite a few converts on there. I know that site is all Eagle Talons and Mitsu Eclipses but under the hood they are the same as ours. You will find alot of help there.

Last edited by technotitclan; 11-02-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Ridge

so the ram air would that be using the conical filter facing forward in the fog light ports running one to each side? or is there something else that I would need to do also?

My cold air intake already runs down very close to that area on the right side looking from the front and im sure I could design a pipe to the other side, go to a muffler shop and get them to make some bends for me

Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I'm sorry ... ram air wont get you near enough air till over 100 mph and even then it's not nearly going to add big numbers

Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Ridge

I was actually reading in the durango section of these forums and some engineer got was talking about equations. He can came up with 1/2% hp gain at 70mph which for our cars would mean about 8 hp, but im not sure what improvement that would be over the CAI already installed.

Quick Reply: supercharge/turbo 2.5L v6