1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:13 AM
GT Special
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Problem

So up here in Canada, we deal with some ridiculously cold winter days, And on a -30C, my girlfriend decided to wash my car for me after she used it all day. Big mistake. besides the fact that my door latches sometimes won't close properly, and my door locks barely work, and my windows won't go down, my one main concern is that my deck stopped working. It won't turn on, and it's getting no power. My first thought was a fuse maybe, but after twenty mins of driving, the deck starts working! all the settings were reset, but it works completely fine. Now today comes around, and the same thing happened. the deck won't work, but after around 20-30 mins of driving around, it works!

I don't get it, what would cause this?

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
WBattack
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be a coincidence that the radio quit working after a car wash, unless you have a water leak inside the dash and the radio got wet. I would suspect a radio with an internal short that should be replaced.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm betting that the Water got under the hood fuse block I'd check and see if you can dry it out

Quick Reply: Radio Problem