1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Blinker Question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
pedaldown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker Question...

This morning as a was driving my 1999 Dodge Avenger ES into work, i went to make a turn and like any good driver i used my blinker, problem is... the blinker did not work. There was not green arrow flashing on my dash, and the lights didnt flash at all. I did a little checking when i got to work, and im no mechanic so i have no idea whats wrong. The emergency flashers work... but not the left/right directional flashers. Now that i think of it, they didnt even make the clicking noise when i had used them.

Can anyone point me into the right direction? Ive read online in other places it could be the "flasher" or a fuse, or a blown bulb, or a wiring problem... of course anyone online can be an expert, but this being a DODGE forum, im sure someone would have a more precise correct answer for me, HOPEFULLY.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless you burnt out all bulbs at once (since the four ways work no way)
The fuse would be the first thing to look at but if it's blown there's likely another trouble that caused it to blow

Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 PM
pedaldown

Ive had my fuses checked, and the professional whom checked them said that they were all in good shape. My father, an old school mechanic, said that it could be the "Flasher" mechanism. He tells me that inside the flasher mechanism there are 3 seperate fuses or switches that control the hazard lights and the left/right blinkers. Im hoping this is the issue and not a wiring issue... does this sound like a possible issue?

Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible or a bad stalk switch

Old 07-25-2010, 06:05 PM
nels07

any news on the fix for this? my 2000 avenger is doing this as well

Quick Reply: Blinker Question...