1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Problems installing coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:36 PM
v6avenger09
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright. Sounds good. And yes I have a spring compressor. Obviously. All I wanted to know are a few tips on getting it off. Not where I can get it done, cuz if I had the money, I'd wouldn't be doing it myself. I'm 17, moneys a bit tight. And sorry I'm not experienced, I've only been on this planet 17 years and owned a car for 1 with no help from anybody. Just you guys and a repair manual.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least have someone with knowledge look at the thing. maybe you are missing something. maybe you'll need a real torch to heat it up. I grad from Hartford and learned a lot from my shop teacher. IDK you have a spring compressor, that's why when it comes to safety it's really important to know what you are doing. maybe you need to take more shop classes. matc and wctc have pretty good programs and i think they might have hobby or nite classes

is putting in these coilovers really worth all the effort. what do you hope to gain by putting them in? do you know how to adjust them correctly? gets some neons for the car instead, that'll get you more tail on hwy 100 than coil-overs will

Last edited by sapporo; 07-09-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Problems installing coilovers