1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

installed alternator 3 weeks ago, now charge sys warning light and no batt power

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 PM
v6avenger09
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed alternator 3 weeks ago, now charge sys warning light and no batt power

just changed the alt, and installed a brand new battery. today i got a charging system warning light and the battery was dead when i went to start it on my second trip. now im having trouble starting, even with a jump. and when i unplug the other cars cables, the car dies. i have no clue what to do because the alternator cables look like they are connected. (i had to rewire one when i removed the old alt because it was corroded on) any help would be great thanks guys

Old 07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the fusible links off the + terminal. Take it to Autozone ect for a system check.
Can see then if the new alt died or a regulator issue

Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 PM
v6avenger09
Rookie

You're talking about the 3 wires that are screwed into the positive terminal right? They're fine. Is there a fuse?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 AM
v6avenger09
Rookie

I figured it out. The connector I spliced on fell off. That's what happens when you do stuff quick. Thanks again bad venge, I owe almost all of my avenger knowledge to you. Thanks and one more question, my gas pedal got stuck like 1/4 of the way down today and now it has a "sticky" point. Do you think its a spring, the pedal itself or the cables? Or maybe the throttle body?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

examine the throttle cable for fraying out under the hood

Quick Reply: installed alternator 3 weeks ago, now charge sys warning light and no batt power