1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Wont shift out of 1st!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has happened yes. And I took a hit for the mileage and time. In that case I wasnt out much because I was able to quickly diagnose and confirm the problem. In these cases I just have to hope that my experience and judgement are to the challenge of finding the problem quickly so that I am not out anything. And if nothing else, I put in a little face time and was able to advertise some. I am not that big yet so any chance to advertise is good.

This is just a chance that you take when you own and run a business man. But, I cant tell you how many times I have been asked to come out and look at something simply because I dont charge just to look at something and score repeat business. This of course is cutting in on some of the bigger players business in this area.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
sapporo
Banned

you don't have ½million tied up in building, tools, equipement. plus employees to pay for, over $20,000/yr in taxes, insurance and utility bills. every minute the doors are open, I need to make money to pay for other people to have money to feed their families. If 50 people a day came to me wanting FREE diagnosis so they can fix their own car, how would my employees be able to eat? If I charge $100 for diagnosis and they pay then leave with the info. I jut about covered my hourly rate. If they want us to fix the car, then the $100 is applied to the repair.

Say their trans is shot, I charged $100 for the diagnosis. if they want the car fixed, I knock $100 off the price (which I charge $1200 for an Avenger trans rebuild with a 2yr, 24,000 mile warranty)

Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
DukeSupes
Captain

Yes, But you have already recooped the costs of the scanner. So your original argument is invalid. Now you are talking utilities and such that every business has....no dice friend.

If you are hurting that bad for money perhaps you shouldnt have expanded so much so quickly. I dont know if that is the case or not, just going off of what you have tried to detail here. Maybe managing your accounts better would leave you with more money at the end of the month too.

Last edited by DukeSupes; 07-30-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM
sapporo
Banned

yep your right, I'm about to loose everything. I have my death all planned out.

this weekend I plan on putting an older car in the shop and stage it like I'm working on it so it looks like I was accidentally asphyxiated. that way my life insurance will provide a decent amount to my wife and 2 children (sarah 4 and shari 9). thanks for helping me with my decision.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
DukeSupes
Captain

Wow... You sound like a very disturbed individual and I feel sorry for you.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

are you still having trans. problems ?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM
DukeSupes
Captain

Yes. I havnt been able to do any further trouble shooting though.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot "Didn't you swap motors or something ?" What Kind of motor and trans. do you have...?

Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 AM
DukeSupes
Captain

Nope. What it has now is what it was given at birth. She is the one and only owner of it. It has the 2.5 V6 and the 4 speed W/overdrive.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:24 AM
dervech
Unhappy trans doesnt shift!

the transmission did not change when you start the car, but if you turn it off and the turn it on again, the transmission work good, but later the problem come back, the scanner said LOW-REVESRE SOLENOID, what i have to do, to fix it???
thank yoy David from Puerto Rico
Dodge Avenger 1996

Quick Reply: Wont shift out of 1st!!