1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

My experience with OBD2 on a Dodge Avenger -96

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 AM
jonthee
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with OBD2 on a Dodge Avenger -96

Hi!

The last couple of days I've been looking into OBD2 and if it works with -96 Avenger and further, and Im happy to say that it works GREAT!

My check engine light was on from the day I bought the car, and then I bought a cheap (20$ incl. shipping) OBD2/USB cable on ebay which included a CD, which worked like a charm with my car.

I plugged it into the car and then the laptops USB, then I turned the ignition and connected the car to the program (COM3 port in the program).

I read the codes and found one on the O2 sensor, havent replaced any sensor yet but I have bought a sensor which fits before the catalytic converter or on the intake manifold (below).

I just cleared the code and if it comes back I will have to read all the spec about which sensor it might be, bank 1 or 2 etc..

Live data and everything is possible to see, I really recommend this to everyone as it is so simple! The keydance method works just fine but this is a lot more giving and it shows a whole lot!

Best regards

Last edited by jonthee; 04-15-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: My experience with OBD2 on a Dodge Avenger -96