1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

98 Avanger ES issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:32 AM
veng'es98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Avanger ES issues

Ok, just got this car, got it with a bad tranny, got one from the salvage yard from a 99, car ran great for a while. After about 5-600 miles the hesitation started and progressively got worse. CEL eventually came on tripping a P0108 code - Map sensor issues. Online diagnosis says either bad map sensor, short in the harness or bad PCM. Well ive tried 3 diff sensors to include a brand new one resulting in throwing the same code. I have a OBDII scanner but when i clear the code and start the car the CEL IMMEDAITELY goes on and the car hesitates badly and if i dont give it gas it'll just die and even at higher rpm's it hesitates or. Well to my luck i found a matching PCM at the same salvage yard so i replaced that and hoping it would work, well, it did start but same issue resulted. In the process of replacing the entire engine harness now hoping itll work since it is the LAST and final option i have at this point. Other things ive tried is replacing the TPS, IAT sensor, idle air control valve, coolant temp sensor and the other sensor right next to it, crank sensor....all to no prevail

Any further options you guys can enlighten me with that i may be unaware of please let me know.......Sorry title says "Avanger" but hey, we all make mistakes.......Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by veng'es98; 11-01-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Misspelling in title

Quick Reply: 98 Avanger ES issues