1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Hi from Concord NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Cjoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Concord NC

I have a 1997 Dodge Advenger. The paint is peeling off of it. I came out from a restaurant last week, and parked beside my car was another 1997 Dodge Advenger wih the paint peeling worse than mine. I am wondering if there was a warning or recall over the paint of this car?
Thanks, Cjoy

Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the Avenger section,
FF

Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the site

I looked in Alldata and did not see any recalls or TSBs for paint but thats nothing unusual. Most dealers or manufactures wont do jack unless it is right after you bought the car. You ride is 14 years old. No offense but its time for the paint to peel. Its tires of looking good all those years.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There WAS a clearcoat advisory back in the day but it was for pinholes in the clear that would cause discoloration. If it was not taken care that allowed water in under the paint and eventually led to peeling ... They wouldn'y paint mine 2 years old with 10k miles I'm sure they'd laugh you right out of the dealership now.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Cjoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bad venge
There WAS a clearcoat advisory back in the day but it was for pinholes in the clear that would cause discoloration. If it was not taken care that allowed water in under the paint and eventually led to peeling ... They wouldn'y paint mine 2 years old with 10k miles I'm sure they'd laugh you right out of the dealership now.
I didn't even consider ever that they would fix mine. My dad didn't raise no fool! Actually, I just wondered why the paint was doing what it is doing.My dad owned a garage all my life and was a dealer, but since he recently passed, I couldn't ask him. The pinholes in the clear makes sense. Guess I know now.

Quick Reply: Hi from Concord NC