1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 AM
szpilafam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake

other then the k/n air intake, is there a replacement performance intake manifold for the 2.5?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No MANIFOLD , if you want intake theres any 95/99 mitsubishi eclipse N/T will fit

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
szpilafam
Rookie

thats just the air intake right not the manifold? just to clear it up? wat about the tornado thing for hp and gas mileage? anygood? u think i should put on the k/n air intake with the tornado?
what is the pipe on the back of the intake manifold just behind the maf sensor to the left of the egr valve? should that be block off as well as the egr valve?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tornado = CRAP ...

Any intake will add H/P
The tube is EGR I think hard to tell by your description

Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
szpilafam
Rookie

Im so mad right now, i found out the idle and running problem, when i took the intake back off the egr coke can bypass didnt last it broke through. so i fixed it again, got the broken bolts out of the intake manifold put it all back together reset the idle screw it ran GREAT, till i got around the corner it started sound really funny. i stopped saw that the number 5 plug wire had come off, could get to it rite there so contiuned on around the corner and it completely died, now it just turns over like it used to when i first got it. had my son bring my tools got the wire back on and nothin. i had to replace the distributor before, did the plug wire coming off some how short it out again?

Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 AM
szpilafam
Rookie

sure enuff its the dang distributor again, i went to the junk yard and all the avenger 2.5 distributors are gone, I heard the seebring, and stratus will work? what about outa a 3.0? what about mitsubishi engines would they have 1?

Old 12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
szpilafam
Rookie

found out that mits galant and dalante will work as well seebring and stratus, got 1 outa 99 seebring it runs perfect now I can work on fun stuff

Quick Reply: intake