1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

how to replace dashboard fan / temp light?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
slagreca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to replace dashboard fan / temp light?

I've searched this forum, and the web, without finding a solution. The light in our '98 Avenger's dashboard "climate control" pod (temperature, fan, heater, defroster controls) is out. I've removed the plastic bezel in search of the burnt out bulb, but can't find it. Any advice appreciated!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the center radio/hvac cover the bulb is in the dead center of the hvac control you can reach from behind and find the bulb it has two wires leading to it twist to remove
if you don't have small hands you can unscrew the hvac controls and move them out carefully as the cables are connected to it

Old 12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
slagreca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. No luck (yet), here's the details...

Remove the center radio/hvac cover - no problem.

My hands are small enough to fit between the bottom of the hvac controls and the top of the stereo.

With the aid of a flashlight, I can see wires. I believe I've felt what could be two wires, but can't trace them back to anything that feels like a light socket. Not sure I can grip with enough force to twist (wrist doesn't want to bend so far). There's large piece of white plastic that blocks further access.

Next, I removed the 4 Phillips screws attaching the hvac controls to the dash. However, the hvac controls are prevented from being pulled forward by plastic tabs.

Going back out to the garage for one more try. If there's anything you might be able to add, I'd really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: how to replace dashboard fan / temp light?