1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

95 avenger starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
deadhead444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 95 avenger starting problems

Hi I am a nube at this so please help. I have a 95 avenger ES V6. It has been cutting out on me while I drive but continues to run after a second or two. It also doesn't always start. About 85% of the time it doesn't. When I stick the key in the ignition there is a clicking sound in the left side near the vent by the driver window and in the back of the car somewhere. Then it will loose all power. I really need this car to work for me. Please someone help. This car also has an automatic start that was already installed when I bought it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

On a side note, I have read somethings that say to change a bunch of sensors and egr valve and relays. Which do I do???

Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
fire1427
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it won't crank the sensors are not the trouble you have battery/cable/connection issues , it could be the remote start as I'm not aware of any relays clicking where you describe (they might have mounted ones there )

Quick Reply: 95 avenger starting problems